We are pleased to share with all the good results obtained by our wines in the last Contest of “CATAVINUM WORLD WINE & SPIRITS COMPETITION 2018”.
We have obtained the following awards:
- DOÑA BEATRIZ VERDEJO 2017.- SILVER MEDAL
- DOÑA BEATRIZ CEPAS VIEJAS 2017.- SILVER MEDAL
- GALLVM 2017.- SILVER MEDAL
We have won 3 medals over more than 1000 wines from around the world, being one out of four D.O. Rueda wineries awarded with prizes.
It is a pride for us and for our winery to continue counting on the recognition of independent experts for our wines, rewarding the efforts of all our workers, technicians and collaborators. This strengthens us, even more so, in our “obsession” to maintain and, if possible, improve the quality of our wines day by day.
OUR “DOÑA BEATRIZ VERDEJO 2017”:
- Wine exclusively elaborated with “Verdejo” grapes rigorously controlled in pH, acidity, alcohol and sanitary state.
- Very light pressing to obtain the premium must. Controlled fermentation at 14ºC for 20 days.
- Clean and crystalline. Bright straw yellow color with greenish iridescence.
- Great aromatic intensity. Stone fruits, green apple, with citrus touches and memories of hay.
- Broad on the palate, medium acidity, sweet and persistent, slightly bitter finish, characteristic of the Segovian Verdejo grape.
OUR “DOÑA BEATRIZ CEPAS VIEJAS 2017”:
- Wine made exclusively with 100% “Verdejo” grapes selected by hand from a few centenary vineyards located in the province of Segovia. They are sandy prefiloxeric vineyards and at altitudes above 900 meters.
- Very light pressing to obtain the premium tear. Controlled fermentation at 14ºC for 20 days. Iii
- Straw yellow color, bright with greenish tones. Clean and crystalline aspect. Intense tear.
- High aromatic intensity, hints of fruit and great floral expressiveness.
- Broad on the palate, balanced, round and persistent finish.
OUR “GALLUM 2017”:
- Wine made with “Verdejo” grapes obtained from centenary vines located at an altitude of 900 m, which makes the ripening balanced and optimal.
- After a controlled fermentation it has an aging on lees for about 4 months, a process that confers great complexity.
- Yellow green with pistachio tones.
- Roasted apple nose, quince, dried apricots and orange peel.
- Mouth with good acidity, long, with weight. Toasted and very tasty.