We are pleased to share with all the good results obtained by our wines in the last “BACCHUS 2020” Contest. We have obtained the following awards:
- DOÑA BEATRIZ VERDEJO 2019.- SILVER MEDAL
- VIÑEDOS DEL CABALLO BAYO, ROSÉ 2019.- SILVER MEDAL
We have obtained 2 medals from more than 1500 wines from all over the world. Bacchus is the only Spanish competition recognized internationally by the “Wine and Vine Organization” (OIV). It is open to wines from all over the world with more than 1500 wines to taste with more than one hundred independent judges judging in Madrid.
It is a pride for us and for our winery to continue having the recognition of independent experts for our wines, rewarding the effort of all our workers, technicians and collaborators. This strengthens us, even more so if possible, in our “obsession” to maintain and, if possible, improve the quality of our wines day by day.
OUR “DOÑA BEATRIZ VERDEJO 2019”:
- Wine exclusively elaborated with “Verdejo” grapes rigorously controlled in pH, acidity, alcohol and sanitary state.
- Very light pressing to obtain the premium must. Controlled fermentation at 14ºC for 20 days.
- Clean and crystalline. Bright straw yellow color with greenish iridescence.
- Great aromatic intensity. Stone fruits, green apple, with citrus touches and memories of hay.
- Broad on the palate, medium acidity, sweet and persistent, slightly bitter finish, characteristic of the Segovian Verdejo grape.
OUR “VIÑEDOS DEL CABALLO BAYO, ROSÉ 2019”:
- Colour: Clean and bright. Deep strawberry colour.
- Aromas: Very fruity aromas of strawberry and raspberry, shades of “heart lollipop”, some floral touches, and slightly spicy.
- Mouth: It is a fresh wine, slightly acid, deep in the mouth and persistence.
“Viñedos del CABALLO BAYO” is a fresh and elegant wine, but with enough power to accompany any dish of our gastronomy, from grilled fish, paellas, even poultry stews. Due to its acidity, it also paired with spicy foods: curries, spicy mushrooms, etc. Our rosé should be served between 6-8ºC.