It is a pride for us to communicate to our friends and customers that BODEGAS CERROSOL has achieved THREE GOLD MEDALS and TWO SILVER MEDALS in “CATAVINUM WORLD WINE & SPIRITS COMPETITION 2020”:
We have obtained the following awards:
- DOÑA BEATRIZ NIGHT HARVEST: GOLD MEDAL
- DOÑA BEATRIZ OLD VINES: GOLD MEDAL
- VIÑEDOS DEL CABALLO BAYO ROSÉ 2019: GOLD MEDAL
- DOÑA BEATRIZ VERDEJO 2018.- SILVER MEDAL
- DOÑA BEATRIZ BRUT NATURE.- SILVER MEDAL
It is a pride for us and for our winery to continue counting on the recognition of independent experts for our wines, rewarding the efforts of all our workers, technicians and collaborators. This strengthens us, even more so, in our “obsession” to maintain and, if possible, improve the quality of our wines day by day.
OUR DOÑA BEATRIZ VEDIMIA DE MEDIANOCHE (“NIGHT HARVEST”) 2017:
The harvest is carried out by hand and at night, avoiding the still high temperatures of September in Castilla. The nocturnal harvesting by means of traditional methods guarantees that the grape enters the cellar in the optimal conditions, since it reduces the enzymatic activity of the grapes. Thus, its oxidation is avoided and its organoleptic potential is maintained. TASTING NOTE: · Clear, yellow with greenish iridescence.· The nose presents floral notes, as well as tropical fruits.· The palate has complexity, a balanced acidity and a refined finish slightly bitter and perfumed.· Without aging in wood.· It allows guard.
OUR “DOÑA BEATRIZ CEPAS VIEJAS 2018 (OLD VINES)”:
- Wine made exclusively with 100% “Verdejo” grapes selected by hand from a few centenary vineyards located in the province of Segovia. They are sandy prefiloxeric bush vines and at altitudes above 900 meters. Low yield in an average of 2,000 Kgs per hectare.
- Very light pressing to obtain the premium must. Controlled fermentation at 14ºC for 20 days. We eliminate thick lees, leaving only the fine lees in the wine for maximum three months.
- Straw yellow color, bright with greenish tones. Clean and crystalline aspect. Intense tear.
- High aromatic intensity, hints of fruit and great floral expressiveness.
- Broad on the palate, balanced, round and persistent finish.
- Slightly bitter finish, characteristic of the Segovian Verdejo grape
OUR VIÑEDOS DEL CABALLO BAYO ROSÉ 2019:
Clean and bright. Deep strawberry colour.
Very fruity aromas of strawberry and raspberry, shades of “heart lollipop”, some floral touches, and slightly spicy.
It is a fresh wine, slightly acid, deep in the mouth and persistence
“Viñedos del CABALLO BAYO” is a fresh and elegant wine, but with enough power to accompany any dish of our gastronomy, from grilled fish, paellas, even poultry stews. Due to its acidity, it also paired with spicy foods: curries, spicy mushrooms, etc.
Our rosé should be served between 6-8ºC.